Choosing the right technology stack is essential for developing fast and performing websites. And frameworks are here to make the developer’s life easier, providing a structure for efficient apps and website development.But the matter of concern has always been to choose the suitable programming languages to execute a fast, cost-effective, and robust development process.
The Python Programming language, in particular, is considered as the fastest-growing programming language – comprising various Python Frameworks when it comes to implementation. According to the TIOBE index for august 2021, Python has experienced the maximum increase in the rating throughout 2020.
Due to the ease of development and a shallow learning curve, Python Frameworks has become one of the top preferences for computer software and IT companies when contemplating the latest web application development technologies.
The above data is compelling enough to validate that Python is the most preferred language among the top-tier industries. However, choosing the suitable Python Framework could be a tedious task, and we are here to help!
What are Python Frameworks?
A framework is a set of modules that assist developers in writing web applications. What makes Python Frameworks effective is that it automates the basic routine processes such as protocols or thread management.
During the development process, Python Frameworks helps the web application developers by providing common patterns that are fast, reliable, and easy to maintain.
Which are the most popular Python web frameworks?
So far, Django and Flask are the most popular Python frameworks. However, you should not overlook the potential of other frameworks too. Thus, we have garnered crucial insights into the top python frameworks that could suit your next web development project.
Django is an open-source high-level python framework that offers clear development. This robust framework enables you to craft any web application, from small-scale projects to complex websites.Owing to its flexibility, Django is widely used for crafting MVPs, which equip startups to optimize their time and budget.
Django leverages its ORM to map objects to database tables. The best part is that the same code works with different databases – making it easier to transfer from one database to another. PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and Oracle, are the primary databases that work well with Django. However, you may work with others as well by using third-party drivers.
Django attempts to incorporate all requisite features by default, including authentication, URL routing, template engine, and database schema migrations (Django v.1.7+).
Collectively, these features make Django ridiculously fast, highly scalable, and reassuringly secure.
Pyramid is another lightweight and open-source python framework which makes development easy. Its primary focus is to avoid complexity while writing applications and providing a pragmatic interface to its users.
This framework follows a flexible approach to secure authorization and authentication while ensuring secure documentation of each process within the development process.
The ability to cater to both small and large applications is one of the most striking features of the Pyramid framework. However, the feature list includes:
- Extensible configuration
- All-embracing templating and asset specifications
- Flexible authentication and authorization
- Testing, support, and comprehensive data documentation
Turbogear, developed as a full-stack framework, can now act as a micro framework too. This Python Framework comprises Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI) components, including SQLAlchemy, Repoze, WebOb, etc. It is designed in MVC architecture, similar to Struts and Ruby on Rails for rapid web application development.
What differentiates Turbogears from other frameworks is the philosophy of two significant aspects of a web framework: Templating and Routing. It offers almost all unique features required for web app development:
- Coding natural as writing a function
- Schema Migrations
- A powerful Object Relational Mapper (ORM) with real multi-database support
- Support for multiple data-exchange formats
- Interactive Debugger
- Plug-gable Applications
Web2py is a free open source; full-stack python development framework considered the most powerful while handling data. Developers employ this framework for the scalable and rapid development of secure and fast web applications. Like Django, this framework also supports MVC architectural patterns, enabling easy development for complex web applications.
Web2Py can be operated smoothly on all major operating systems and cloud servers, making it feasible for developers to deploy Web2Py applications on various VPNs and cloud platforms. It enables developers to work with multiple databases, including MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and other Google App Engine.
Below is the list of Web2Py features:
- Cross-Platform Framework
- Error tracking via error logging and ticketing
- No requirements for installation and configuration
- Internalization support
- Readability of multiple protocols
Flask is a python-based micro-framework that is available under the BSD license. It has been considered as a micro-framework, as it does not need any specific tools and libraries. It assists in building a solid foundation of complex web applications where developers are free to develop their modules and plug-in any extensions they need.
Flask offers more control over each development stage of your project, making it pretty impressive to be used for web app developments. Here are the additional features:
- A development server and debugger (sanity-friendly)
- Can be plugged in any preferred ORM
- Easier deployment
- Unicode support (Latin language-friendly)
- Highly flexible
- WSGI compliance (uWsgi-friendly)
- A unit-test client (code with quality)
- HTTP request handling
Cherrypy is an open-source web application development framework written in a python programming language. With this minimalist web application framework, it is easy for developers to build applications in less time.
CherryPy is a flexible framework, as it enables the developers to use any type of technology for templating and data access while being able to handle sessions, statics, cookies, and file uploads.
Check out its features below:
- Powerful configuration and flexible plugin system.
- Flexible Plugin system
- Easily run on multiple HTTP servers at once.
- Compatible with Python 2.7+, Python 3.1+, PyPy, Jython, and Android
- Has powerful built-in tools for caching, encoding, authentication, static content, and many more.
Cubicweb is yet another open-source python framework that allows developers to build compelling web applications with the help of components called cubes. This framework follows an object-oriented design, making the code more efficient and straightforward to read and debug.
Moreover, it simplifies data-related queries with RQL (Relational Query Language) embedding to offer a simple syntax for relationship queries, managing data repositories, and relationships.
Following are the features of CubicWeb:
- Good security workflow.
- Semi-automatic mechanisms for XHTML/XML/JSON/text generation.
- Support for Resource Description Framework (RDF) and Web Ontology Language (OWL).
- Secure workflows.
- Offers a library of usable components.
- Relational Query Language (RQL) to simplify the queries related to data.
Tornado is a python web application development framework and asynchronous framework library. It utilizes a non-blocking framework I/O, which is efficient enough to scale up thousands of connections simultaneously.
Tornado Framework is usually divided into four major components:
- A web framework that includes RequestHandler and is further subclassed to create web applications.
- Client- and server-side implementation of HTTP (HTTPServer and AsyncHTTPClient).
- An asynchronous networking library including IOLoop and IOStream classes.
- A coroutine library similar to the native coroutine feature, which allows axsynchronous code to be written in a more straightforward way than chaining callbacks.
Below are the reasons to bank on Tornado framework:
- Non-blocking HTTP client.
- Built-in support for user authentication.
- High-quality performance.
- Allow third-party authentication and authorization schemes, i.e. (Google, Facebook, Twitter).
Grok is yet another open-source web application framework based on Zope Tool Kit (ZTK) technology. It uses Component Architecture and is built on Zope concepts like content objects (models) and adapters. It leveraged the Convention over Configuration concept to ease the work of developers and was first initiated in 2006 by Zope programmers.
Following are its features:
- Use building blocks to develop custom applications.
- Uses agile programming paradigm.
- Integrated Security.
- Robust Object database for storage.
FastAPI is a new Python web framework that’s one of the fastest for building APIs with Python3.6+. It is powerful and enjoyable to use, yet it isn’t coupled with any database. However, you can use your preferred database, and you are free to structure your project in any possible way.
Benefits of using FastAPI:
- Detailed and easy-to-use developer docs.
- Create plugins easily using dependency injection.
- Get free data validation and code conversion.
- Less time debugging.
- Increased development speed by 200% – 300%.
Choose your preferred Python Framework for your next project!
Python frameworks offer complete performance optimization for developing high-quality web applications. It made Python the most versatile and commonly used programming language among Computer Science and IT industry giants.
However, not all Python Frameworks are suitable for every project. Thus, the best Python development company uses the appropriate and the best-suited Python frameworks to develop web applications in a fast and secure way